What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on your computer/device and is a standard feature on most modern websites in order to support your browser whilst navigating, to keep your website preferences and help to tailor your online experience.
Session & Persistent Cookies
Cookies are categorised into two main types:
Session cookies – which will remain on your computer/device until your browser is closed and they become permanently deleted.
Persistent cookies – which will remain on your computer/device until they expire or are manually deleted.
How cookies help you
The cookies on our website are there to help your experience, whether it’s to assist you to get your cashback from a third party, or to make sure you find the information you want on our website as quickly as possible.
How cookies help us
Cookies help us track where a sale has come from. They enable us to verify sales that have come through specific sources such as cashback websites or emails.
Third Party Cookies
Whilst using our site you may notice cookies that are from business partners of InsurFolio. We work very hard to offer you services and a website experience that are designed to suit your needs. We work with third parties to make sure this works as efficiently as possible making use of the aggregated analytical and behavioural data that persistent cookies provide.
How to clear your cookies
The way that you clear your cookies from your computer/device depends on which browser you are using, we have shown how to remove cookies on the main internet browsers below.
- Open Chrome.
- On your browser toolbar, click More.
- Point to More tools, and then click Clear browsing data.
- In the "Clear browsing data" box, click the checkboxes for Cookies and other site and plug-in data and Cached images and files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select the menu “tools” and then “Internet Options”.
- Click on the “general” tab.
- In the browsing history section click on the “delete” button.
- Click the menu button , choose History, and then Clear Recent History.
- Select how much history you want to clear:
- Click the drop-down menu next to Time range to clear to choose how much of your history Firefox will clear.
- Next, click the arrow next to Details to select exactly what information will get cleared.
- Select Preferences from the Safari menu or hold down the Command key and the comma key at the same time (Command+).
- Go to the Privacy tab.
- Click the Remove All Website Data button to remove all stored website data, or skip to step 5 to remove data on a site-by-site basis.
- Click Remove Now to confirm. Note, as Safari warns you, this could log you out of sites and perhaps also change how they function. For example, instead of getting tailored ads on the site, you'll be served generic ones.
- To remove stored data by site, click the Details button.
- Select the sites with stored data you want to remove. Hold down the Command key to select multiple sites.
- Click Remove.
- Click Done.
Alternatively, you can click the Remove All button to delete all of the sites' cookies and stored data. Safari will ask you to confirm your choice.